Now that my experimental warming gardens are up and running (albeit with no plants yet, turns out I wasn’t watering correctly/enough), I need a name. A clever acronym for them. In case you’ve forgotten, they look like this:
Oh, and I now have a tent/staging area:
Isn’t that thing awesome?
So far, here’s some of the terrible ideas I’ve come up with:
1) TERPs (as in Maryland Terps) – Thermal Experiment Research Plots
2) HEAT – Heated Experiments for Altered Temperatures (or something)
3) HOES – Heated Outdoor Experimental Station
4) HORSE – Heated Outdoor Research with Simulated Environments
5) HOGs – Heated Outdoor Gardens
6) SCATTER Plots – Simulated Changes in AmbienT Temperatures Experimental Research Plots
These are all pretty bad. My two favorites are TERPs and SCATTER Plots.